Thursday, June 9, 2011

Celebrity Wednesday--Sage Advice from Glenn Close


I just came upon Good Housekeepings interview with Glenn Close, the first on my list of gorgeous women over sixty. Here is a bit of advice that I thought I would share


"All your life you think 60 is ancient," Close says, "and all of a sudden you find you're 60 and you don't really feel that different. I feel stronger and more engaged. This is the best time of my life."


Our family does a lot of triathlons," she says of her new extended clan. So now even Close, never quite the triathlete, has joined in, running the Iron Bear triathlon at Bowdoin College in Maine. "My whole goal, because I had never done it before, was just to finish," she says. "In the swimming portion of the race, I was in the slowest group. I swim with a snorkel, and I was the only one doing that. And as I started swimming, I started losing my breath and I thought, What am I doing? So I took off my snorkel and finished it doing the backstroke. I didn't care how I looked." During the race, she was dismayed to find that entrants had their ages written on their leg in Magic Marker. "Why they did that, I don't know," she says, perplexed. "So all these people would pass me on the road — 19, 20, 45." Still, using a combination of running and power walking, she made it across the finish line, and is getting ready to train for her next race.
And she doesn't seem to care about the number she'll have to write on her leg. "It takes this long to figure out a lot of stuff," she says. In fact, she now knows exactly what she would say to her younger self if she could. "I would say: 'Pay attention. Listen to your inner voice.' A lot of times what that inner voice tells you is not the easiest thing to do. But don't override that voice, because that's who you really are

Like her look. Simple and casual. A V-neck sweater in a flattering color and some well fitted jeans. Try pairing this $10 Target tee with your favorite jeans.














Other Sexy, Stunning and 60+ women
JAWS DROP WHEN THESE WOMEN ENTER A ROOM


64 GLENN CLOSE
64 SALLY FIELD
64 CANDICE BERGEN
64 SUSAN SARANDON

65 DEBORAH HARRY
65 DIANE KEATON
65 GOLDIE HAWN
65 JACLYN SMITH
65 GLADYS KNIGHT

66 JACQUELINE BISSET
67 LAUREN HUTTON
69 MARTHA STEWART
70 JULIE CHRISTIE
70 RAQUEL WELCH

71 TINA TURNER
73 JANE FONDA
75 DIAHANN CARROLL
76 SOPHIA LOREN
76 JUDI DENCH
75 URSELLA ANDRESS
76 JULIE ANDREWS
76 MAGGIE SMITH
77 JOAN RIVERS

Meryl Streep
Twiggy
Helen Miryen
Joanna Lumley
Sigourne Weaver
Stephanie Powers (69)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I had no idea these gorgeous women had joined the ranks of age.

    ReplyDelete