Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Celebrity Wednesday--Jaclyn Smith's favorite beauty secrets


One of my favorite celebs who is over 60 is Jaclyn Smith. She has hardly changed since her Charlie's Angels days. She is still fresh and beautiful. One of her best assets is her hair. The bouncy layered cut is flattering for any age. Her touches of highlights among the chestnut color help disguise any grey or white strays.

To style your hair like Jaclyn Smith, mist dry hair and wrap 2-inch sections around a wide barrel curling iron in spiral formation. Part your hair down the middle and finger-style the curls rather than brushing them out. You can also achieve this look with small or medium size hot rollers, wrapped around 2-inch sections of hair and left in for 15 minutes or until cool.

According to Style.com Smith follows a simple plan for gorgeous skin and hair.

"I don't believe in making it too complicated. You don't need 1,000 bottles in your cabinet. I'm a believer in retinol for skin care," she says. "That constantly rejuvenates for me and takes the dead skin cells off. It also plumps. My husband is a doctor and he taught me that peptides that also are so good for your skin."

Her gorgeous mane is the result of a little TLC and a few kitchen fixes.

"I sleep in deep conditioner once a month and wash it off in the morning," she says. "On the other days, I use daily conditioner and comb my wet hair through just with my fingers.

"I'll even go into the kitchen and put a little deep conditioning olive oil or regular mayo on my hair," she says.

BEAUTY MOGUL

Smith isn't just known for her natural beauty, but for her beauty lines including her wigs and hair volumnizers.

"What's great is that they're made up of human hair now. I love the volumnizers and all the actresses out there use them," she says.

"Let's say you don't feel like washing your hair one day and it's not quite as full because you've allowed the nourishing oils to work their magic.

"I love to experiment with different colors to add highlights. You don't need to go to a salon, but add a different colored hair piece that is designed to give you highlights or lowlights."

She says the key to a good hairpiece is simple.

"We color the root line darker, which looks natural," she says. "You should never just be one color. That looks like…a wig."

No comments:

Post a Comment