Monday, May 2, 2011

Comfort with an Attitude




Several years ago, I bought a pair of sandals similar to the above. They were black fabric straps with similar soles and insides. I fell in love. They were so comfortable they became my summer staple. I can wear them for running, hiking, walking or just hanging out. Unfortunately, they take such a beating, that I am always wearing them out and searching for new ones the following year. They are about as comfortable as they get, but for some reason they are always scarce. One year Dr. Scholls made them with fabric straps and they appeared in Walmart. Unfortunately, they only had a few pairs and quickly sold out. One year I found them at TJ Maxx and I think they were Liz Clairborne's and this year I happened upon them again at Walmart, under the Earth Spirit brand. They have leather straps and suede insides and are designed with Gelron cushion which reduces impact while walking or running. This is why you wouldn't feel uncomfortable standing for long periods of time. They run about $25.

Whatever brand you choose, make sure that they have suede inner soles, as the rubber inner sole makes your feet hot and sweaty. The inner sole should be cushioned for summer activities and the straps should be either fabric, or leather to let your feet breathe and flexible enough to accomodate hot weather woes.

Enjoy and stay active!!

1 comment:

  1. I have these sandals and love them. I can be really active outside and not have to change into sneakers to power walk. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete